Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a nerve disorder aggravated by certain activities and pressures that are put on the wrists. Although carpal tunnel syndrome primarily affects the fingers and the hands, it can travel up your arms and shoulders.
- Tingling or numbness in the arm
- Dull aching in wrist up to elbow
- Stiffness in fingers
- Overall numbness anywhere in the arm
- Excessive use of fingers, hands, wrists and arms
- Constant repetitive motion (like typing)
- Secondary result of an arm or wrist injury
- First, schedule a consultation with one of our orthopedic surgeons for an assessment of the severity of your Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Call The Precision Hand Surgery Center at Ortho El Paso at 915-249-4000 to schedule your appointment.
- Physical therapy and a brace are common treatments for less severe cases.
- In some cases, surgery may be required.