Knee pain can be caused by a wide range of diseases as well as injury. It doesn’t necessarily take an accident to experience knee pain. Here is a look at a few of the most common causes of knee pain:
- Ligament strain and sprain
- Anterior knee pain
Additionally, these knee pain facts may better help you understand why you may be suffering:
- 100 million Americans suffer from chronic pain
- Knee pain is the second most common cause of chronic pain
- One-third of all Americans report experiencing knee pain at some time or another
- Knee pain is often the result of too much weight on the knee point
- Between 15 and 20% of all men are afflicted with knee pain
- More women than men report knee pain, with the overall prevalence of knee pain in women roughly 20%
- You are very likely to have knee problems if your parents have experienced knee problems. Yes, it’s hereditary.
If you are experiencing knee pain and want to explore your treatment options, call the orthopaedic specialists at Ortho El Paso at 915-249-4000.